The Data on Alzheimer’s Disease to Use in an Essay.

The essay is very true and it's sad to know that this is happening in some nursing homes.

Alzheimers is the most common cause of dementia dementia is a group of brain disorders that cause progressive loss of intellectual and social skills, severe enough to interfere with day-to-day life. Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive neurodegenerative disease in which major changes occur in neurological pathways, such as chronic neuronal loss and neuroinflammation (Liu, 2013). It is also estimated that, by 2050, the number of people affected with Alzheimer’s may rise to 13.8 million, which … It's heart breaking to know that elderly are abused and neglected.

Yes, if the resident is combative and agitated they are putting them in medication to calm them down. This disease clogs the brain with a plaque like protein called beta amyloid. Alzheimers Disease Essay 1174 Words | 5 Pages Alzheimer 1      It is inevitable that eventually each of us will grow old and begin to …

It is known that over ⅔ of the patients are women. Alzheimer’s disease, which is commonly referred to as the AD, is a very dangerous progressive neurological disease characterized by such early symptoms as short-term loss of memory, disorientation, significant problems with language, confusion with time as well as place, withdrawal from work and various social activities, emotional apathy, and many others. 96% of this number is people aged 65 or older, and the rest 4% have an early onset of the illness. Alzheimer’s Disease. So one day you just see your loved one, totally out of reality, not …

Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementiainternationally (Liu,2013). It's easier for them to sedate people than to deal with the actual problem. According to the recent reports, approximately 5.7 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease. “Alzheimer 's disease is a progressive, degenerative disorder that attacks the brain 's nerve cells, or neurons, resulting in loss of memory, thinking and language skills, and behavioral changes (“About Alzheimers”).” This is a disease that occurs mainly in the elderly, around ages 65 and up.